Apple Dessert

 
When my husband and I were dating,
(more than 30 years ago)
there was always someone stopping by his house to visit with his parents.
I remember that as soon as a visitor came in the door, my husband's mother would disappear in the kitchen.  The next thing you know, the visitors would be sitting at the table eating this wonderfully hot dessert and drinking coffee. 
I later learned how simple it is to make, so she always kept the ingredients on hand just in case.
 
 You will need:
1 can apple pie filling
1 stick margarine melted
1/2 box yellow cake mix
optional:  cinnamon
optional:  pecans
 
 Spray a casserole dish with Pam.
A square cake pan is recommended, but I like to use this speckled enamel pan.
Spread the pie filling over the bottom of the pan.
 
 
Sprinkle the half box of cake mix over the pie filling.
Then pour the melted stick of butter over the top.
 





I decided to add some cinnamon.
Next time, I will add the cinnamon to the pie filling.
Can you smell it???
 

I also decided to add some chopped pecans to the top of the dessert.
Pecans are completely optional.
 

Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
I baked this one for about 35 minutes.
If you want your dessert to be pretty, be sure all the cake mix is covered with butter before baking.
 
This dessert is easy to make and can be served any time of year.  It can even be served with breakfast foods.  I have also made it with cherry pie filling.
Try it warm with ice cream!!!
Enjoy.
 


Comments

Popular Posts