Cuttings

One of the things I love about summer is bringing "cuttings" inside my house. 
These are pieces of impatients that I simply broke off with my hand.
I made sure that I removed any leaves from the bottom of the stems, and then I placed them in fresh tap water that I put in this blue container.
I will add more water to the container in the coming days.
It won't be long and there will be roots growing out from the bottom of the stems.
I will then plant the cuttings in some potting soil, and I will have new plants for my garden.
The nice thing about breaking these cuttings from the already healthy plants in my garden is the benefit to the original plant. 
Pinching back an impatient will keep it from getting tall and spindly; instead, it will grow bushy and full.

Comments

Popular Posts