Butternut Cake


So, the next time I make this cake, I will definitely chop the nuts up before putting them on top of the cake.  Or..even better...I think I might chop them and then mix them into the icing.
This is a really good cake. 
I especially liked the taste of the cake with the extra vanilla that is added to the mix.
It does have to be kept in the refrigerator, and it seems to get better with time.

You will need:
1 Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
Add: 1 Tablespoon vanilla and mix according to box recipe.  

Frosting:
1 stick softened margarine
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 Tablespoon butternut flavoring
1 box confectioners' sugar
1 cup chopped pecans


I chose to use 3 round baking pans, and I sprayed each one with Pam for Baking.

 This is a beautiful cake batter.

Just try to put an even amount in each of the three cake pans.
Bake according to the cake mix directions.
Cool.

The margarine and cream cheese for the frosting need to come to room temperature before mixing.


I still like to use my hand held mixer when making frosting.

I love the smell of this butter and nut flavoring.

 Slowly mix in the confectioners' sugar.

 And, now it is time to frost the cake.
I put frosting between each layer.








 Enjoy!!!



Comments

Popular Posts