Seven Layer Salad

Happy New Year
2013
Let's start the new year with a new recipe...
This is a good one that I have borrowed from a friend.
You will need:
Romaine lettuce
chopped onion
chopped green pepper
1 can drained sweet peas
1 to 1 1/2 cups mayonaise or salad dressing
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 lemon (juiced)
small curd cottage cheese
spam (diced)
shredded cheese (mild cheddar)
bacon bits





Dice the spam, pepper and onions
 into very small pieces. 
I actually used half of each for this salad.




After washing and draining the lettuce,
chop it into very fine pieces. 
I used two Romaine hearts for this salad.


Place the lettuce in a large decorative bowl.

Add the onion, pepper, and green peas.

Mix together with a whisk the mayonaise,
lemon juice, and sugar.


Spread the mayo mixture on top of the peas, and then spread the cottage cheese on top of the mayo.

Next, add the diced spam.

Add the cheese and the bacon bits.

I just used my own judgement about how much of each ingredient to add for the size salad I was making.  This is a beautiful dish to carry to a covered dish meal or a family gathering. 
Enjoy...

Comments

Popular Posts