Lemon Dessert

When I was a teenager, I copied several recipes onto index cards and put them in my Hope Chest for when I got married.  I have been so glad that I did that.  These recipes have been used over and over.  I remember eating this lemon delight when I lived at home, but it was not something we fixed very often...
probably because the ingredients were expensive to buy.

You will need:
2 cups graham crackers
1 stick oleo

1 cup powdered sugar
1 pk. dream whip
8 ounces cream cheese

3 cups milk
2 small boxes lemon instant pudding

1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar


Begin by putting graham crackers in a baggie and crushing with a rolling pin.  Measure out 2 cups.


Mix the graham cracker crumbs and the melted stick of oleo.

Press this mixture in the bottom of a 9x12 inch dish.

Now, mix the package of dream whip according to the directions on the package.
You will need some vanilla and milk for this.

Add the powdered sugar and cream cheese to the dream whip and mix together.
(There is a lot of beating with a mixer for this recipe.  Wearing an apron is a great idea.)

Spread this mixture onto the graham cracker crust.

Throughly mix the 3 cups of milk and the 2 boxes of lemon pudding with a mixer.

Add the lemon layer...yummmmmm.

This is my favorite layer...
whipping cream.
Beat the whipping cream with the 1/2 cup of sugar at high spead until stiff.

The whipping cream is the final layer to add.

This dessert is better the second day...after the graham crackers have a chance to soften a little.
Enjoy.

Comments

Candy said…
Sounds soooo good. Gotta try it. 8-)

Popular Posts